develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2008

Re: Interesting self contained task

From:
Eric Wilhelm
Date:
March 2, 2008 14:02
Re: Interesting self contained task
Message ID:
200803021402.10434.ewilhelm@cpan.org
# from Nicholas Clark
# on Friday 29 February 2008 02:10:

>It's really starting to feel like whatever "we" do to attempt to get
> new volunteers in to have fun hacking on Perl, it just isn't going to
> work.

The Summer of Code interns are paid to work on their project full-time
for 11 weeks.  This is a great opportunity to bring fresh blood to the
project and get some code written.

But right now, I only see one mentor, no project ideas, and no go-to
person (somebody needs to be the primary contact for students during
the application phase, help rank the applications, and make sure things
run smoothly through the summer.)

  http://www.perlfoundation.org/perl5/index.cgi?gsoc2008

--Eric
--
"Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value."
--Murphy's Constant