develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2008

Re: Interesting self contained task

From:
Joshua ben Jore
Date:
March 1, 2008 08:13
Re: Interesting self contained task
Message ID:
dc5c751d0803010812k464eedd5ya6062801d643dee1@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 7:07 AM, Elliot Shank <perl@galumph.com> wrote:
> renee.baecker@smart-websolutions.de wrote:
>  > Am 29.02.2008 um 11:10 Uhr haben Sie geschrieben:
>  >> It's really starting to feel like whatever "we" do to attempt to
>  >> get new volunteers in to have fun hacking on Perl, it just isn't
>  >> going to work.
>  >
>  > Maybe this could be changed if people start to know more about the
>  > perl internals. I spoke to MHX about a hackathon with the theme "Perl
>  > 5 ToDo" (according to the perldoc perltodo) where two or three  Perl
>  > 5 Porter (with deep knowledge) can give an introduction into the Perl
>  >  internals and the attendees can learn more about everything works
>  > together.
>  >
>  > The Perl internals seems to be quite complex, so an introduction
>  > could help.
>  >
>  > To organize such a hackathon is on my todo for next year (if no one
>  > else is organizing a hackathon this year).
>
>  It would be great if someone would do a presentation at YAPC::NA this year.

Late last year I wrote a 50 minute presentation on Perl 5 guts
focusing on the optree for SPUG, the Seattle Perl User's Group. I've
already submitted it to OSCON. In general, I think it's knowledge that
I'd like more perl hackers to have. Feel free to steal from it if you
wish. I think that since I've submitted it to OSCON that it's a no-no
to also submit it to YAPC. If not, I could do perform this on a stage
or let someone else do it.

# KPresenter rendered to HTML. I intend to rerender it in S5.
http://diotalevi.isa-geek.net/~josh/Presentations/Perl%205%20VM/

Josh