Re: summer of code mentor applications starting (and ending) next week

From:
=?UTF-8?Q?=C3=86var_Arnfj=C3=B6r=C3=B0_Bjarmason?=
Date:
February 29, 2008 20:51
Re: summer of code mentor applications starting (and ending) next week
Message ID:
51dd1af80802292051x152dedd7vbcdbe17c3aa18087@mail.gmail.com
On 2/29/08, Eric Wilhelm <scratchcomputing@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, uh... mentors and a figurehead need to get together.

I suppose Google requires a list of official mentors if they're going
to hand out the money but as for the task of actually mentoring (i.e.
helping to familiarize successful applicants with the codebase) is
there any reason such questions couldn't go trough p5p or a similar
forum such as the #p5p IRC channel? I for one (and probably others)
would be willing to answer the odd question about areas the codebase
I'm familiar with if they were being asked in such a forum.

How has mentoring meen carried out in the past?