Re: summer of code mentor applications starting (and ending) next week

From:
Eric Wilhelm
Date:
February 29, 2008 11:56
Re: summer of code mentor applications starting (and ending) next week
Message ID:
200802291156.34128.ewilhelm@cpan.org
# from Nicholas Clark
# on Friday 29 February 2008 06:58:

>There is no such thing as a p5p admin*.

No, it would need to be somebody on behalf of TPF, as google needs
somewhere to send the mentorship check.

Alternatively, a company or individual attached to a sufficiently large
perl-based project could submit their application separately (at least
Catalyst, mod_perl, and RT come to mind.)  But for hacking

The only requirement is that you be an entity with which google (a US
organization) can legally do business (and of course: that you
represent a vibrant open source project.)

I'm told that the TPF website is out-of-date.  Richard?  We need to
start building a list of mentors, but they need someone at TPF to
contact.

>>>   http://code.google.com/soc/2008/

>>>  "The organization should choose a single administrator to submit
>>>  its application via the GSoC web app between March 3-12, 2008."

--Eric
--
The opinions expressed in this e-mail were randomly generated by
the computer and do not necessarily reflect the views of its owner.