Re: summer of code mentor applications starting (and ending) next week

From:
Steve Peters
Date:
February 29, 2008 07:21
Re: summer of code mentor applications starting (and ending) next week
Message ID:
fd7a59d30802290720x61887348w630affb9243780f4@mail.gmail.com
On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Reini Urban <rurban@x-ray.at> wrote:
> 2008/2/29, Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org>:
>
> > On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 03:46:10PM +0100, Reini Urban wrote:
>  >  > But first some p5p admin should apply to create projects and choose mentors.
>  >
>  > There is no such thing as a p5p admin*.
>
>  Ok, committers. :)
>

>  >  I personally note:
>  >  http://code.google.com/soc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_mentor_time
>  >
>  >   11. How much time is required to participate as a mentor in Google Summer
>  >       of Code?
>  >
>  >       While the answer to this question will vary widely depending on the
>  >       number of students a mentor works with, the difficulty of the proposals
>  >       and the skill level of the students, most mentors have let us know that
>  >       they underestimated the amount of time they would need to invest in
>  >       GSoC. Five hours per student per week is a reasonable estimate.
>  >
>  >
>  >  I, for one, know that I don't even have 5 hours per week that I could devote
>  >  to this, so I couldn't do the task justice, so I couldn't volunteer.
>
>  First we just need an GSoC proponent for Perl.
>
>  I have time for mentoring with some compiler project.
>  --
>  Reini Urban

OK, so what other itches currently need scratching outside of the Perl
TODO list?

Steve Peters
steve@fisharerojo.org