Re: summer of code mentor applications starting (and ending) next week

From:
Reini Urban
Date:
February 29, 2008 07:01
Re: summer of code mentor applications starting (and ending) next week
Message ID:
6910a60802290701l7309ce65p992d61cde1652ffe@mail.gmail.com
2008/2/29, Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org>:
> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 03:46:10PM +0100, Reini Urban wrote:
>  > But first some p5p admin should apply to create projects and choose mentors.
>
> There is no such thing as a p5p admin*.

Ok, committers. :)

>  I personally note:
>  http://code.google.com/soc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_mentor_time
>
>   11. How much time is required to participate as a mentor in Google Summer
>       of Code?
>
>       While the answer to this question will vary widely depending on the
>       number of students a mentor works with, the difficulty of the proposals
>       and the skill level of the students, most mentors have let us know that
>       they underestimated the amount of time they would need to invest in
>       GSoC. Five hours per student per week is a reasonable estimate.
>

>  I, for one, know that I don't even have 5 hours per week that I could devote
>  to this, so I couldn't do the task justice, so I couldn't volunteer.

First we just need an GSoC proponent for Perl.

I have time for mentoring with some compiler project.
--
Reini Urban