Re: Prob in CPAN make/gen & test...multiple mods appear affected.

From:
Linda W
Date:
February 27, 2008 03:49
Re: Prob in CPAN make/gen & test...multiple mods appear affected.
Message ID:
47C54E42.1050904@tlinx.org
Hi Reini,

Reini Urban wrote:
> Linda W schrieb:
>> Any ideas of how to 'proceed'?  I tried placing a "C:\\" in front of
>> any path in the cpan config that started with "/var" (histfile
>> and build_dir), but it had no effect (maybe stripped off in path
>> normalization?).
>
> A "C:\\" prefix is not good.
---
	I agree, it's an abomination, but hey, it is windows, I thought
it "deserved" a try...

> I have my cpan at ~/.cpan as default.
---
	My home directory (/home) on my windows machine is backed up daily. I
reasoned that since the 'build' specification is a 'cache' directory of recent
builds, putting under /var/cache would be a logical choice (as it doesn't get
backed up daily on my windows machine....:-)).

>> It doesn't "appear" to be a "cygwin" specific problem but use of "//"
>> as an equivalent for "/".
>
> Can you please post your cygcheck as described in
> http://cygwin.com/problems.html.
---
	(Context(list) check?) You want me to post a cygcheck output to
perl5-porters to debug a perl problem?  I said it *does not* look like it
is a cygwin specific bug.

> Esp. the mount points would be interesting.
---
You mean the cygwin mount params, like (output of "mount -m"):

   mount -f -s -b "C:/bin" "/usr/bin"
   mount -f -s -b "C:/lib" "/usr/lib"
   mount -f -s -b "C:" "/"
   mount -s -b --change-cygdrive-prefix "/"

or drive mappings/linkings? :

   "/Share@ -> /s"
   /s = network drive ('S:\') pointing to resource //IServer/Share
   and (from MyConfig.pm):   'keep_source_where' => q[/Share/CPAN/sources],

I'm pretty sure it's the same bug as http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=32813

Linda