Re: use encoding 'utf8' bug for Latin-1 range

From:
demerphq
Date:
February 27, 2008 03:26
Re: use encoding 'utf8' bug for Latin-1 range
Message ID:
9b18b3110802270326n23b4bec4t44e4f2ead46e980c@mail.gmail.com
On 27/02/2008, Juerd Waalboer <juerd@convolution.nl> wrote:
> Juerd Waalboer skribis 2008-02-27 11:57 (+0100):
>
> > > Better to just tell people to use editors that ensure the correct BOM
>  > > is prepended to the file.
>  > Not all editors even support this, and it's far from common practice in
>  > the *nix world, whether we like that or not.
>

> Also, it is not compatible with shebangs:

Whcih just says that the code that reads shebangs should be made
unicode aware. I realize this is unlikely but this is just yet another
wart in the *nix unicode handling logic (or rather, lack of it).

Yves