Re: use encoding 'utf8' bug for Latin-1 range

From:
Aaron Crane
Date:
February 27, 2008 02:39
Re: use encoding 'utf8' bug for Latin-1 range
Message ID:
20080227103907.GA7522@aaroncrane.co.uk
Glenn Linderman writes:
> I think \x{} should be Unicode only, \xXX should be source encoding
> only

That strikes me as very hard to teach.  And even for people with a
good understanding of the differences between character sets and
encodings, it strikes me as a very hard to distinction to draw while
reading code -- a huge amount of meaning is ascribed to the presence
or absence of a pair of curlies.

--
Aaron Crane