Re: Prob in CPAN make/gen & test...multiple mods appear affected.

From:
Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes
Date:
February 27, 2008 00:58
Re: Prob in CPAN make/gen & test...multiple mods appear affected.
Message ID:
loom.20080227T085550-267@post.gmane.org
Linda W <perl-diddler <at> tlinx.org> writes:
> I have no
> host var, but I do have my CPAN cache directory in "/var/cache/CPAN".
>
> What something "appears" to be doing is looking or trying to access
> something in "//var", which tries a host lookup for a host named "VAR".

As a workaround, try changing your cache directory to //var/cache/CPAN
(or maybe ///var/cache/CPAN, which is what you hope to end up with.)
3 or more leading /'s are required to be treated as if they were /,
though only 2 is allowed to behave differently.