Re: Assistance with IPC modules and perl 5.10

From:
Andy Armstrong
Date:
February 23, 2008 18:46
Re: Assistance with IPC modules and perl 5.10
Message ID:
7EE0EF66-4272-425E-B3DF-EFF09FA79370@hexten.net
On 23 Feb 2008, at 21:08, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> However, the appended patch saves one round of copying, and I think
> will work
> on any configuration (threaded/not, mymalloc/not, -
> DDEBUGGING'schecking/not)
> However, not tested on all permutations, and not tested on anything
> big endian.

I've hacked it around a little more. There was some confusion about
whether it should be using Perl's wrapped malloc / free or its own.
That seems to be resolved now. Aubrey was also kind enough to give me
comaint on it - so I'm going to make a new release (0.10) once we know
it's working.

For now you can get the latest version here:

http://svn.hexten.net/andy/Perl/IPC-ShareLite/trunk

Here are the changes:

0.10 2008-02-24
     - Use Perl's malloc wrappers where appropriate
     - moved test into t/sharelite.t
     - made test use Test::More
     - removed Configure mechanism
     - assorted minor tidying

It's been tested on several Perl's with different build settings from
5.6.1 to 5.10.0 on BSD, Mac OS and Linux (little endian and big
endian). I haven't, however, tested it on a 64 bit machine.

Tom: could you grab that version and let me know if it solves your
problem? You don't need to apply your patches - they're already
incorporated.

Thanks.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten