Re: use encoding 'utf8' bug for Latin-1 range

From:
Juerd Waalboer
Date:
February 21, 2008 01:24
Re: use encoding 'utf8' bug for Latin-1 range
Message ID:
20080221092159.GZ32395@c4.convolution.nl
Juerd Waalboer skribis 2008-02-21  3:50 (+0100):
> Because there are other problems with encoding.pm, that can also not be
> fixed without breaking backward compatibility, I suggest the following
> simple 4 step plan for the future, that is backwards compatible:
> 0. keep encoding.pm and ${^ENCODING} (the actual problem) broken
> 5. modify open.pm to provide a way to set *only* STDIN and STDOUT

Wow, I really can't count :)
--
Met vriendelijke groet,  Kind regards,  Korajn salutojn,

  Juerd Waalboer:  Perl hacker  <#####@juerd.nl>  <http://juerd.nl/sig>
  Convolution:     ICT solutions and consultancy <sales@convolution.nl>