Re: Clarifying smart match behaviour in when( ... && ... )

From:
brian d foy
Date:
February 18, 2008 14:26
Re: Clarifying smart match behaviour in when( ... && ... )
Message ID:
180220081626206863%brian.d.foy@gmail.com
In article
<dc5c751d0802181258g6c67410fr42ae86c19571df7e@mail.gmail.com>, Joshua
ben Jore <twists@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2008 7:20 PM, brian d foy <brian.d.foy@gmail.com> wrote:
> > #!/usr/local/bin/perl5.10.0
>
> I responded to your use.perl post but here's it for p5p too. You are
> experiencing a bug. I doubt the implementation is what anyone
> intended. Here's what's actually happening:

As you pointed out in private email, Perl 5's version shouldl do what
Perl 6's will do. I've asked on perl6.langauge and I'll wait for Larry
to make the ruling. I didn't see the answer in S04.

Once I have confirmation that I'm thinking about his right, I'll make a
doc patch and add more tests (although  I don't think my patch in
#50538
was applied yet).

Thanks,