Re: Assistance with IPC modules and perl 5.10

From:
demerphq
Date:
February 18, 2008 12:50
Re: Assistance with IPC modules and perl 5.10
Message ID:
9b18b3110802181250h4351559em1986899482b13cd1@mail.gmail.com
On 18/02/2008, Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 21:27 +0100, demerphq wrote:
>
> > If i understand this right your problem is solved.
> >
> > IPC-ShareLite is not a build requires for Cache-Cache:
> >
> > http://search.cpan.org/src/DCLINTON/Cache-Cache-1.05/META.yml
>
> > They are both optional packages. So the chain is broken right?
>
> No, not really, because we want to enable the SharedMemoryCache
> functionality of Cache-Cache. META.yml represents the bare minimum set
> of requirements, not the requirements to make the code fully functional.
>
> Again, I hate to sound like a broken record, but if half the energy that
> has been spent nitpicking my build chains went into helping me fix the
> IPC modules, they might be working with perl 5.10.0 now. :(

Unfortunately lots more of us know the perl build process than know
how Sys V shared memory works on 64 bit linux architectures, let alone
64 bit boxes to test on.

:-)

cheers,
Yves