Re: Assistance with IPC modules and perl 5.10

From:
Tom "spot" Callaway
Date:
February 18, 2008 12:45
Re: Assistance with IPC modules and perl 5.10
Message ID:
1203367409.3736.34.camel@new-host-5

On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 21:27 +0100, demerphq wrote:

> If i understand this right your problem is solved.
>
> IPC-ShareLite is not a build requires for Cache-Cache:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/src/DCLINTON/Cache-Cache-1.05/META.yml

> They are both optional packages. So the chain is broken right?

No, not really, because we want to enable the SharedMemoryCache
functionality of Cache-Cache. META.yml represents the bare minimum set
of requirements, not the requirements to make the code fully functional.

Again, I hate to sound like a broken record, but if half the energy that
has been spent nitpicking my build chains went into helping me fix the
IPC modules, they might be working with perl 5.10.0 now. :(

~spot