Re: Assistance with IPC modules and perl 5.10

From:
demerphq
Date:
February 18, 2008 12:28
Re: Assistance with IPC modules and perl 5.10
Message ID:
9b18b3110802181227o3dc17c99k388cefead857d02a@mail.gmail.com
On 18/02/2008, Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 17:07 +0000, Andy Armstrong wrote:
> > They don't seem to be heavily depended upon so it'd be useful to know
> > which of
> > your modules need them.
>
> Generating this by hand, I get:
>
> perl-IPC-ShareLite is a BuildRequires for perl-Cache-Cache.
>
> perl-IPC-SharedCache is a BuildRequires for perl-HTML-Template,
> perl-IPC-ShareLite.

If i understand this right your problem is solved.

IPC-ShareLite is not a build requires for Cache-Cache:

http://search.cpan.org/src/DCLINTON/Cache-Cache-1.05/META.yml

and IPC-SharedCache is not a build a requires for HTML-Template:

http://search.cpan.org/src/SAMTREGAR/HTML-Template-2.9/META.yml

They are both optional packages. So the chain is broken right?

Im not sure if your code is taking into account META.yml requirements
information. Its not always available however, older packages wont
include it. (Although you can always generate it by using an up to
perl and doing a make dist on the package -- assuming you can get that
to work).

I suspect you will find most if not all of your dependency issues will
be resolved by using that information and not setting hard
dependencies on optional problematic packages.

> perl-Cache-Cache is a BuildRequires for perl-HTML-Mason,
> perl-Pugs-Compiler-Rule, and perl-Ace.
>
> perl-HTML-Template is a BuildRequires for perl-CGI-FormBuilder, and
> perl-HTML-Template-Expr.
>
> perl-HTML-Mason is a BuildRequires for perl-HTTP-Server-Simple-Mason,
> perl-MasonX-Interp-WithCallbacks, and
> perl-MasonX-Request-WithApacheSession.
>
> perl-Ace is a BuildRequires for perl-bioperl.
>
> perl-bioperl is a BuildRequires for perl-bioperl-run.
>
> So, it doesn't look as bad as it seems (other than holding back
> perl-bioperl). My script was written to come up with a working order for
> rebuilding in series to meet dependencies, looks like it needs to be
> made more intelligent. :)
>
> Nevertheless, I would really appreciate help getting IPC-ShareLite and
> IPC-SharedCache functional. :)

Sorry i cant help there.

Yves