Re: Assistance with IPC modules and perl 5.10

From:
demerphq
Date:
February 18, 2008 11:12
Re: Assistance with IPC modules and perl 5.10
Message ID:
9b18b3110802181112g6ec22c6ew83f25a612509003b@mail.gmail.com
On 18/02/2008, Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 17:20 +0100, Tels wrote:
> > On Monday 18 February 2008 03:54:27 Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> > > perl-Heap
> > > perl-Graph
> >
> > Why would these two depend on:
>
> Not sure how they got pulled into the chain, honestly. I'd have to go
> back and figure out why, which is far less important to me than getting
> these broken items working at the moment.

Like others i think there is something amis with your dependency
tracking. That list is way too long with way too many oddities, for
instance Data::Dump has no dependencies at all, so how could
perl-Data-Dump have a dependency.

Also, as a matter of some importance please put ExtUtils::Install into
your list. Installing ExtUtils::MakeMaker without ExtUtils::Install is
not a good idea from the POV of the toolchain. (EU:I was split out of
EUMM to make it possible to have different maint cycles, and EUMM and
EUI are critical component of the perl build process.)

Cheers,
Yves