Re: a warning I'd like to see

From:
Mark Jason Dominus
Date:
February 18, 2008 06:01
Re: a warning I'd like to see
Message ID:
20080218140112.6561.qmail@plover.com
Yves Orton:
On 25/01/2008, Zefram <zefram@fysh.org> wrote:
> > I think it's the use of + on an array ref that he wants to warn, not
> > array refs appearing in map's input per se.  I'd express an opinion here,
> > but what happened the last time I got involved in a thread about warnings
> > has put me off the subject for life.
> MJD advocates warning here as well, so you would be in good company.

Yeah, last time I got involved in a thread about warnings it put me
off the subject for life, too.

Oh, you meant the reference arithmetic.

Actually I'd rather see a fatal error a la strict refs.

Maybe something could be done about $array[$reference] while the
subject is live.  Perl has probably dumped core more times from
$array[$reference] than from anything else.