Re: Assistance with IPC modules and perl 5.10

From:
Andy Armstrong
Date:
February 15, 2008 17:26
Re: Assistance with IPC modules and perl 5.10
Message ID:
6177B5CD-7A1F-455F-9864-B5A40FE6440D@hexten.net
On 16 Feb 2008, at 01:10, Dave Mitchell wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 06:44:09PM -0500, Tom Callaway wrote:
>> As a secondary issue, both of these modules seem to be unmaintained
>> for
>> several years. Given how pivotal they are in the perl dependency
>> chain,
>> it seems that it would be a good idea for someone to maintain them
>> properly, or to rewrite these items entirely.
>
> What dependency chain is this, and why are they so pivotal to it?

In any event they seem to pass reasonably often on 32 bit machines so
I guess it's a 64 bit problem? Which *probably* isn't too hard to fix.
Sam Tregar is obviously still active on CPAN and Maurice Aubrey has
released modules in the last 12 months. So presumably one way or
another the problem can be solved.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten