"Unbalanced string table refcount" with non-threaded blead

From:
Vincent Pit
Date:
February 15, 2008 13:13
Subject:
"Unbalanced string table refcount" with non-threaded blead
Message ID:
47B60069.308@profvince.com
Latests blead (don't know exactly since when) built without -Dusethreads
but with -DDEBUGGING generate quite a number of "Unbalanced string table
refcount" warnings in the test suite. A reduced testcase is :

[vince@fuuka /tmp/perl-current]$ PERL_DESTRUCT_LEVEL=1 ./perl -Ilib -e
'use feature "say"; no warnings'
Unbalanced string table refcount: (1) for "feature_say" during global
destruction.

Here's the little I (think I) understood : %^H refcounted shared keys
don't seem to be correctly decremented. mg.c:magic_clearhint calls
hv.c:refcounted_he_new with a placeholder as its last argument to
signify that the key has to be deleted, but refcounted_he_new does
nothing with it. I'm totally unsure about were to go from there though.

Vincent.