Re: Change 33313 causing failures

From:
Andy Armstrong
Date:
February 15, 2008 04:42
Re: Change 33313 causing failures
Message ID:
CED63513-100A-4B13-9E1E-202548C60F39@hexten.net
On 15 Feb 2008, at 10:10, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> Is it possible to put the TAP parser into a strict mode where it
> would detect
> and fault these sorts of things?

Yes :)

(well it is now)

Historically we were in the awkward position of trying to fault things
that looked like malformed TAP while accepting complete gibberish -
because lots and lots of existing tests output non-TAP in with the TAP.

But we have TAP versions. And TAP version 13 is more strict. So now
(r960 in svn) the parser will fault anything it doesn't recognise - as
opposed to just errors in things it does recognise.

You can trigger this behaviour by starting your TAP output with a line
containing:

TAP Version 13

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten