Re: rt.cpan.org - #33244: -x operator fails under 5.10

From:
andreas.koenig.7os6VVqR
Date:
February 14, 2008 01:06
Re: rt.cpan.org - #33244: -x operator fails under 5.10
Message ID:
874pcbgb54.fsf@k75.linux.bogus

  > Folks, I may have made a mistake. I reported a Perl 5.10 bug using the
  > specific pragma entry in rt.cpan.org instead of reporting a general
  > bug to perl5-porters. Anyway, please find the ticket at rt.cpan.org -
  > #33244: -x operator fails under 5.10. I think it's a problem with the
  > use filetest pragma packaged with 5.10

What you describe there is I think documented behaviour. From the
filetest manpage:

    Limitation with regard to _

    Because access() does not invoke stat() (at least not in a way
    visible to Perl), the stat result cache "_" is not set. This means
    that the outcome of the following two tests is different. The
    first has the stat bits of /etc/passwd in _, and in the second
    case this still contains the bits of /etc.

--
andreas