Re: Slowdown in 5.10.0 regexes with atomic patterns

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
February 6, 2008 15:54
Re: Slowdown in 5.10.0 regexes with atomic patterns
Message ID:
20080206235452.GI38653@plum.flirble.org
On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 09:06:34AM +0100, Moritz Lenz wrote:

> So until somebody finds an example from the wild (and not one
> hand-crafted to measure performance of atomic groups) I'd consider that
> an academic problem.

Although I had integrated the change from 5.9.x that removed it, on the
assumption that it wasn't achieving anything, hence was adding a small
amount of code bloat. As you've demonstrated that this isn't the case,
I've reversed it, and the positive super-linear cache is back in maint-5.8
as of change 33243, for all those "special" regexps that need the extra TLC.

Oooh. Only 90 to go until 33333. Patches welcome :-)

Nicholas Clark