Re: This Week on perl5-porters - 20-26 January 2008

From:
Glenn Linderman
Date:
January 31, 2008 14:46
Re: This Week on perl5-porters - 20-26 January 2008
Message ID:
47A24F9F.9060208@NevCal.com
On approximately 1/31/2008 2:14 PM, came the following characters from
the keyboard of David Landgren:

> Make Perl Y2038 safe
>
>   Michael G. Schwern saw no reason why date operations involving results
>   that pushed out beyond 2038 (and thus wrap around the 32 time_t
>   quantity) should not just do The Right Thing. No takers.
>
>     hopefully I shall be retired by then
>     http://xrl.us/bev2a

But will your kid's mortgage be retired by then?  2038 is an issue now,
for long term calculations...  Especially if you are in risk of
foreclosure, and looking at refi with a 40 year mortgage, and trying to
do date calculations... if so, I hope your time_t is bigger than 32 bits...

--
Glenn -- http://nevcal.com/