Re: 5.11 (or 12) and strict

From:
=?UTF-8?Q?=C3=86var_Arnfj=C3=B6r=C3=B0_Bjarmason?=
Date:
January 9, 2008 10:14
Re: 5.11 (or 12) and strict
Message ID:
51dd1af80801091014u5f0a0b54icd734ad61f7050ec@mail.gmail.com
On 1/3/08, Sean O'Rourke <seano@cs.ucsd.edu> wrote:
> Moritz Lenz <moritz@casella.verplant.org> writes:
> > You can still say
> > no strict;
> > after importing 5.10 (or 5.1\d) features. Or you can selectively import
> > the shiny new 5.1\d features that you want to use.
>
> Both of which are a pain.  My claim was that "I want the latest
> features" implying "I want strictures" seems like the wrong
> default.

FWIW I agree. Wheher or not people think strict is a good idea shoving
shiny features and language strictness under the same hat strikes me
as a bad idea.