RE: compile warnings w/ PM_SETRE and ReREFCNT_inc

From:
Robin Barker
Date:
January 9, 2008 09:21
RE: compile warnings w/ PM_SETRE and ReREFCNT_inc
Message ID:
46A0F33545E63740BC7563DE59CA9C6D0939B8@exchsvr2.npl.ad.local

> > Nicholas's patch 32890 solved this problem another way.

> > I don't think both patches should be applied.

> I didn't comment earlier because I wasn't sure if my patch fixed

> it all.  I was waiting for black smoke, particularly from VMS.

If more changes are needed, I would prefer replacing:

	(REGEXP *) SvREFCNT_inc(zwapp);

by

	SvREFCNT_inc(zwapp);

	zwapp;

The current code casts the argument to (SV*), which is returned by

SvREFCNT_inc and cast back to (REGEXP*)!  If we want the macro to

return the (REGEXP*) cast of its argument, lets do it explicitly.

Robin

privileged material; it is for the intended addressee(s) only.

If you are not a named addressee, you must not use, retain or

disclose such information.

NPL Management Ltd cannot guarantee that the e-mail or any

attachments are free from viruses.

NPL Management Ltd. Registered in England and Wales. No: 2937881

Registered Office: Serco House, 16 Bartley Wood Business Park,

                   Hook, Hampshire, United Kingdom  RG27 9UY