Re: dtrace and Perl (again)

From:
David Cantrell
Date:
January 9, 2008 03:47
Re: dtrace and Perl (again)
Message ID:
20080109114703.GA24094@bytemark.barnyard.co.uk
On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 02:27:58PM +0000, Andy Armstrong wrote:

> Thanks Andy - that's going to be a big help. The "did we get the right
> dtrace" problem is a slight concern. We could run it and see what it
> does - but what if dtrace is a script that someone's created to delete
> a bunch of files (for example). Hmm.

You have the same problem if someone has written a script called cc or
ld or ...

But how about something like -Dusedtrace=/path/to/dtrace if the user
wants to specify it, but have it default to the known location of dtrace
as installed by their OS vendor otherwise?

--
David Cantrell | Minister for Arbitrary Justice

Please stop rolling your Jargon Dice and explain the problem
you are having to me in plain English, using small words.
  -- John Hardin, in the Monastery