Configure and metaunits work

From:
H.Merijn Brand
Date:
January 5, 2008 09:00
Subject:
Configure and metaunits work
Message ID:
20080105180009.6cb556d8@pc09.procura.nl
I don't expect many of you to comment, but FYI and archive reasond:

I am communicating with Refael Manfredi, the maintainer of metalint and
metaconfig to fix thos to work with perl-5.10.x

He already applied my first patch, that eliminates the use of $*

Now I noticed that his most recent version of metalint shows a lot of
things that can be improved in our state of fluxx.

My plan now is to cp my entire perl development env to a sandbox,
install the new 'dist" (the package that gives use meta*) and see
which parts can be

1. backported to the dist branch
2. updated from the dist branch
3. improved in our own metaunits

this will most probably take considerable time and tuits, so I hope
you won't propose too many Configure patches while I am in this process

--
H.Merijn Brand         Amsterdam Perl Mongers (http://amsterdam.pm.org/)
using & porting perl 5.6.2, 5.8.x, 5.10.x  on HP-UX 10.20, 11.00, 11.11,