Re: 5.11 (or 12) and strict

From:
Sean O'Rourke
Date:
January 3, 2008 11:19
Re: 5.11 (or 12) and strict
Message ID:
m2k5mqubv3.fsf@cs.ucsd.edu
Abigail <abigail@abigail.be> writes:
> On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 05:50:18AM -0800, Sean O'Rourke wrote:
>> I like the proposal in the other thread: "use 5.12" implies
>> strict, "use feature ':5.12'" does not.  That gives everyone a
>> default, so hopefully everyone can be satisfied.
>
> I don't.

I happen to agree with your reasons, and my personal preference
would be for neither to turn on strict, but obviously many people
disagree.  This seemed like a reasonable way to give everyone
some of what they want, far preferable to a mailing list
deathmatch, which would end in one of two ways:

    * Everyone gets bored, the thread dies, and nothing happens.
    * Someone with the power to so do commits to one extreme or
      the other, permanently irritating the losing faction.

/s