Re: 5.11 (or 12) and strict

From:
Sean O'Rourke
Date:
January 3, 2008 05:53
Re: 5.11 (or 12) and strict
Message ID:
m2wsqrt4pa.fsf@cs.ucsd.edu
Moritz Lenz <moritz@casella.verplant.org> writes:
> You can still say
> no strict;
> after importing 5.10 (or 5.1\d) features. Or you can selectively import
> the shiny new 5.1\d features that you want to use.

Both of which are a pain.  My claim was that "I want the latest
features" implying "I want strictures" seems like the wrong
default.

I think the option mentioned and implemented in the other thread
is a great compromise: "use 5.12" turns on strict, "use feature
':5.12'" does not.  This solution seems to satisfy both strict
and non-strict camps, but I have little hope that it will be
adopted.

/s