Re: The Reposithon! Take 2

From:
Paul Johnson
Date:
January 2, 2008 05:45
Re: The Reposithon! Take 2
Message ID:
20080102134453.GM13589@pjcj.net
On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 09:32:39AM -0500, Andrew Dougherty wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2007, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
>
> > I don't say porting git to HP-UX was/is easy, but at least I got it building
> > in less than four hours without having to depend on other projects. I gave
> > up on SVN after three days and not having any runnable part of svn at all.
>
> My experiences on Solaris are about equally painful, but reversed.  I ended
> up hand-editing svn's configure scripts to get them to work at all.  It
> took about a day of on-and-off effort, but it does now seem to work.

I didn't have such problems on Solaris 8.  svk is working fine too.
This could be because there was probably a reasonable selection of gnu
software on my path.  I did have a bit of a time trying to get
complimentary versions of subversion, swig and neon all playing nicely
together though.

--
Paul Johnson - paul@pjcj.net
http://www.pjcj.net