Re: 5.11 (or 12) and strict

From:
Steffen Mueller
Date:
December 28, 2007 02:58
Re: 5.11 (or 12) and strict
Message ID:
4774BD66.9040707@sneakemail.com
Hi there,

Aristotle Pagaltzis wrote:
> * Sean O'Rourke <seano@cpan.org> [2007-12-27 22:00]:
>> I don't understand why you believe that smaller programs should
>> have to include more boilerplate (i.e. "no strict").
>
> Do they? Everyone agrees that `-E` won’t enable strictures. I’m
> arguing that `use feature ':5.12';` shouldn’t either. Where’s all
> that extra boilerplate?

The patch I submitted for this currently adds the "strict" feature to
the ':5.12' (or rather 5.11) feature set. So 'use feature ":5.11";'
would enable strictures.

Whether or not that is a good idea is one thing. (Pro argument: feature
groups and explicit version dependence import the same stuff.)
Quite another would be to implement the patch differently.

Cheers,
Steffen