Re: 5.11 (or 12) and strict

From:
Aristotle Pagaltzis
Date:
December 27, 2007 10:42
Re: 5.11 (or 12) and strict
Message ID:
20071227184211.GD564@klangraum
* Sean O'Rourke <seano@cs.ucsd.edu> [2007-12-27 17:45]:
> Do you have any evidence of this "large majority"?

FWIW, I just finished grepping all the Perl code installed on my
machine (ie. all the Perl code in my system that I didn’t write)
and I find that 5 in 7 files enable strictures.

If I had the patience, I’d grep my minicpan, but I haven’t got
that in readily untarred form so it’d take good day or so to
finish. But 5 in 7 sounds like a good lower-bound estimate for
how things are looking on CPAN as well, from my experience with
browsing source there.

Regards,