Re: 5.11 (or 12) and strict

From:
Sam Vilain
Date:
December 27, 2007 05:35
Re: 5.11 (or 12) and strict
Message ID:
4773AA20.5020407@vilain.net
Tels wrote:
>> (In case it wasn’t clear, ++ to the proposal.)
>
> It get's my vote, too. There rarely is any time I don't want strict,
> and "no strict;" works for that.

I'm not sure.  Right now, 'no strict; no warnings;' at the top of the
script implies that not only has the programmer chosen to not use strict
or warnings, they've chosen to make a point of it.  With automatic
strict, a reader might come across "use 5.012; no strict;" and think
that there might be a good reason for it.

Can we throw away that expressivity?

Sam.