Re: 5.11 (or 12) and strict

From:
Sean O'Rourke
Date:
December 26, 2007 22:35
Re: 5.11 (or 12) and strict
Message ID:
m2prwswtlf.fsf@cs.ucsd.edu
Steffen Mueller <l2ot9pa02@sneakemail.com> writes:
> If you write enough code to make importing optional features
> worthwhile, odds are very high you'd be importing "strict"
> anyway.

I'm not a p5p regular or a Perl core developer, so you definitely
can, probably will, and possibly should ignore me.

That being said, the above quote basically says "if you want to
use some desirable feature (like given/when) that is in Perl >
5.10, you must accept this other feature (strictures) P5P deems
healthy," which seems strangely authoritarian.  People who want
all the code on their own systems to run with strict can set
PERL5OPT in /etc/profile.  Those who want all the code on other
people's systems to do so are mistaken.

/s