RE: How to load a "loadable object" that has a non-default file extension ?

From:
Jan Dubois
Date:
December 19, 2007 00:24
RE: How to load a "loadable object" that has a non-default file extension ?
Message ID:
001301c84218$9acddc50$d06994f0$@com
On Tue, 18 Dec 2007, Sisyphus wrote:
> From: "Jan Dubois" <jand@activestate.com>
> > However, I think that interpolating $dl_dlext and $dl_so at buildtime
> > was a mistake; we should have retained the module variables and
> > interpolated them at runtime.
> >
> > I'll make a patch for this once the 5.10 code freeze is over.
>
> Seems that the patch failed to make it into the 5.10.0 release - at least my
> original problem persists with ActivePerl build 1001. That is, (on Win32,
> perl 5.10.0) I can't get DynaLoader to load a "loadable object" that has a
> file extension other than ".dll".
>
> Or am I misunderstanding something ?

By the time you raised this issue, Perl 5.10 was already in code freeze;
only critical errors were accepted into the tree.  That's why I said I
would make a patch "once the 5.10 code freeze is over".  So I thought it
was clear that the patch wouldn't make it into 5.10.

The patch will be in 5.10.1 (assuming the maintenance pumpkin agrees),
and will be in ActivePerl build 1002.

Cheers,
-Jan