Re: How to load a "loadable object" that has a non-default file extension ?

From:
Sisyphus
Date:
December 18, 2007 22:09
Re: How to load a "loadable object" that has a non-default file extension ?
Message ID:
EBA4DC9AF210479E97E2CF243F575BA9@desktop2

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Dubois" <jand@activestate.com>
.

> However, I think that interpolating $dl_dlext and $dl_so at buildtime
> was a mistake; we should have retained the module variables and
> interpolated them at runtime.
>
> I'll make a patch for this once the 5.10 code freeze is over.

Seems that the patch failed to make it into the 5.10.0 release - at least my
original problem persists with ActivePerl build 1001. That is, (on Win32,
perl 5.10.0) I can't get DynaLoader to load a "loadable object" that has a
file extension other than ".dll".

Or am I misunderstanding something ?

(I probably should just make a more concerted effort to either build pgplot
statically, or, if it must be built dynamically, have it so that the
resultant dll is named something other than "pgplot". Unfortunately, neither
of those alternatives seems straightforward.)

Cheers,
Rob