Re: How to load a "loadable object" that has a non-default file extension ?

From:
Sisyphus
Date:
December 16, 2007 04:09
Re: How to load a "loadable object" that has a non-default file extension ?
Message ID:
B1A971C4FD284BDBB9B1B578B10318A2@desktop2

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan Dubois" <jand@activestate.com>
.

> However, I think that interpolating $dl_dlext and $dl_so at buildtime
> was a mistake; we should have retained the module variables and
> interpolated them at runtime.
>
> I'll make a patch for this once the 5.10 code freeze is over.

That would be the easiest solution (for me, anyway :-)

> Another
> way around the problem would be to build a statically linked pgplot.lib.
> This also makes it easier for people using Par/PerlApp/Perl2Exe to
> package applications using the module.

Yes - it also makes PPM packaging a little simpler - in that there's no need
to create a post-install process that installs the (C library) pgplot.dll.
But unfortunately I've not been able to build the pgplot C library at all -
either statically or  dynamically. (The dll and import libraries I'm using
were built by someone else.)

Thanks Jan, Craig.

Cheers,
Rob