develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2007

Re: configure failed in tru64

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
October 26, 2007 18:04
Re: configure failed in tru64
Message ID:
47228EAD.40005@iki.fi
On 10/26/07, Steve Peters <steve@fisharerojo.org> wrote:
> Wait a second...this is an ld problem, not a cc problem.
>
> The -no_ansi_alias was added to the hints/dec_osf.sh file a while ago,
> but it seems that its caused some problems.
>
> Can you please send your ld version and OS version so hopefully we can
> make changes to the hints file to get this working?

And *which* ld are we talking about?  What does 'which ld' show?

But then again, the -no_ansi_alias is a cc option, not ld.
It is most probably the case of that not being supported in 4.0G.
So what do 'sizer -v' and 'uname -r' show to you?  (ld version one gets
with 'ld -V', but I don't think that's relevant here.)  Once we know
these, we can (move a block testing OS release earlier and) avoid using
the -no_ansi_alias.