develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2007

configure failed in tru64

From:
Xiao Yafeng
Date:
October 25, 2007 18:18
Subject:
configure failed in tru64
Message ID:
309b71990710251818i1701f078h1b4cd9c572b58ece@mail.gmail.com
configure will abort and throw messages below when I install perl5.9.5 in
tru64 4.0G:

Use which C compiler? [cc]
ld:
-no_ansi_alias: Unknown flag
ld: Usage: ld [options] file [...]
Uh-oh, the C compiler 'cc' doesn't seem to be working.
Configure: gcc: not found
ld:
-no_ansi_alias: Unknown flag
ld: Usage: ld [options] file [...]
Uh-oh, the C compiler 'cc' doesn't seem to be working.
You need to find a working C compiler.
Either (purchase and) install the C compiler supplied by your OS vendo
+r,
or for a free C compiler try http://gcc.gnu.org/
I cannot continue any further, aborting.

If I comment out no_ansi_alias statement in ./hints/dec_osf.sh and rerun
sh Configure -de:

./makedepend: makefile: cannot open
echo Makefile.SH cflags.SH config_h.SH makeaperl.SH makedepend.SH
makedir.SH my
config.SH writemain.SH pod/Makefile.SH | tr ' ' '\n' >.shlist
Updating makefile...
cp: makefile: No such file or directory
 test -s perlmain.c && touch perlmain.c
cd x2p; make depend
sh ../makedepend MAKE=make
echo hash.c  str.c util.c walk.c | tr ' ' '\n' >.clist
Finding dependencies for hash.o.
Finding dependencies for str.o.
Finding dependencies for util.o.
Finding dependencies for walk.o.
echo Makefile.SH cflags.SH | tr ' ' '\n' >.shlist
Updating makefile...
Now you must run 'make'.

Any answers are appreciated!