develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from October 2007

Parrot 0.4.17 Released

From:
Will Coleda
Date:
October 17, 2007 01:07
Subject:
Parrot 0.4.17 Released
Message ID:
F5FF47B6-5B47-4486-ABA6-3E1BE68576CD@coleda.com
On behalf of the Parrot team, I'm proud to announce Parrot 0.4.17
"Two for Finching." Parrot (http://parrotcode.org/) is a virtual
machine aimed
at running all dynamic languages.

Parrot 0.4.17 can be obtained via CPAN (soon), or follow the
download instructions at http://parrotcode.org/source.html.
For those who would like to develop on Parrot, or help develop
Parrot itself, we recommend using Subversion or SVK on the
source code repository to get the latest and best Parrot code.

Parrot 0.4.17 News:
- Implementation
+ Bug fixes (including Coverity IDs 20, 22, 30, 119-122, 124-126,
129-131)
    Also various GC, memory, and segfault issues
+ Fix & reenable CGP core
+ Parrot's -r flag now works again (compile to and execute bytecode)
+ Updates to pmc2c & PIR syntaxes
+ Fix Complex PMC
+ Minor performance improvements, especially in PGE
- Documentation
+ PDD02 "Vtables" - superceded by PDD17
+ PDD06 "PASM" - minor updates
+ PDD17 "PMC" - add VTABLE syntax, update core PMC struct, restore
UnionVal
+ PDD19 "PIR" - early review started
+ PDD21 "Namespaces" - cleanup
+ PDD24 "Events" - draft approved
+ PDD25 "Concurrency" - minor updates
+ PDD26 "AST" - draft version begun
+ PIR tutorials updated
- Languages/Compilers
+ Make scheme work with the current calling conventions, other major
work.
+ Updates to m4, lua, compilers/pirc, languages/PIR, dotnet, tcl
- Miscellaneous:
+ make -j functional again
+ Code cleanup (refactoring, optimizations)

Thanks to all our contributors for making this possible, and our
sponsors for supporting this project.

Enjoy!

--
Will "Coke" Coleda