develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from July 2007

Re: Odd problem under Cygwin

From:
Reini Urban
Date:
Re: Odd problem under Cygwin
Message ID:
46A21965.3020806@x-ray.at
Linda W schrieb:
> For some reason, I'm getting a bunch of odd errors in trying
> to install or re-generate modules from CPAN.
>
> Example, I was trying to trace this error:
>
> Math::BigInt: couldn't load specified math lib(s), fallback to
> Math::BigInt::FastCalc at
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8/cygwin/Win32API/File.pm line 20
> Checking if your kit is complete...
> Looks good
> Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lgmp

Installing the latest gmp, gmp-4.1.4-2, and libgmp-devel-4.2.1-1 will
fix this issue. Without gmp you will not be able to compile
Math::BigInt::GMP

--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/