develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from June 2007

Re: [HOWTO] manage blead patches with git+rsync

From:
Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
Date:
June 9, 2007 17:52
Re: [HOWTO] manage blead patches with git+rsync
Message ID:
51dd1af80706091752n3e499ce2kceeb195a275a572e@mail.gmail.com
On 6/9/07, Tels <nospam-abuse@bloodgate.com> wrote:
> <advocate source="devil">What's wrong with SVN? Or staying with
> perforce?</advocate>

Mostly that it's not distributed, although you can bolt that on top of
it with SVK, but I digress.

I'm sure perforce is great if you have access to it which I don't have
and nor do I want to replace my sync & commit scripts with some blob.
But as far as version control goes I just want something which I can
check out, chenge some stuff, add new files, thingy-patch > fleh.patch
&& mail p5p

/me digs out the shellscript that rsyncs blead and commits it into a
git repository