develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2007

Question on the IO::Socket::INET module

From:
joe.x.mctigue
Date:
May 31, 2007 15:51
Subject:
Question on the IO::Socket::INET module
Message ID:
OF27D69484.EECB70B5-ON852572EC.005701F0-852572EC.0057EDF0@jpmchase.com
Good Morning,

I have a question on the IO::Socket::INET module...

I'm writing a small script on a Win32 platform which requires me to send a
name (string) to
a unix server port listener I created using Perls POE module.  I was using
net cat on a unix
server to do this but do not have access to net cat or ownership of the
Win32 server to get it.
Which brings me back to my question:
Is there a way to use IO::Socket::INET on a Win32 system to emulate the
following unix conmmand:

Thank you for any advice or suggestions in advance.
Joe McTigue

extra note: Perl Rules!

and affiliates.

copy format. Thank you.

disclosures relating to UK legal entities.