develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2007

Re: Compress-Zlib 1.42 tests fail on both blead and maint

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
May 31, 2007 01:14
Re: Compress-Zlib 1.42 tests fail on both blead and maint
Message ID:
20070531081401.GB18077@plum.flirble.org
On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 05:58:21PM -0700, Jan Dubois wrote:

> It is all due to change 26510:
>
>   http://public.activestate.com/cgi-bin/perlbrowse/p/26510
>
> Looks like this was already discussed 3 months ago:
>
>   http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2007/02/msg121477.html
>
> Still makes me feel uneasy to have this change in MAINT.

It is a bug fix in core. It is subtly buggy code that is now failing.
But you'd feel more comfortable leaving the bug in place?

Nicholas Clark