develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2007

Re: Do we care about old dmake's for building perl on Win32?

From:
Steve Hay
Date:
May 29, 2007 01:13
Re: Do we care about old dmake's for building perl on Win32?
Message ID:
465BE078.7010606@uk.radan.com
Steve Hay wrote:
> This seems to work OK:
>
> CHECKMAKE :
> .IF "$(NEWMAKE)" == "define"
>     $(NOOP)
> .ELSE
>     @echo Your make is too old
>     @exit 1
> .ENDIF
>
> so I'll probably put that in and also remove the version-dependent
> determination of $(B) and $(N) since we're effectively disabling the use
> of very old dmakes.

I've finally got round to applying this (change #31300), and less than
six months after it having been thought of too! Who says "todo" lists
don't work?