Re: Analysis of problems with mixed encoding case insensitive matches in regex engine.

From:
demerphq
Date:
April 27, 2007 07:10
Re: Analysis of problems with mixed encoding case insensitive matches in regex engine.
Message ID:
9b18b3110704270709y50ef652ci436b3bb29abca275@mail.gmail.com
On 4/27/07, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/26/07, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Me, too.
> >
> > Dont worry. Ive got it under control. Patch will be ready when its
> > baked. Currently its still in the mixing bowl. :-)
>
> Attached is a new patch that should fix things. It includes a pretty
> much completely rewritten and much more flexible regcharclass.pl,
> which in turn means a new regcharclass.h.
>
> The updated patch passes all tests on my machine. This time I
> doublechecked, then had some coffee and checked again.  :-)
>
> I really have no idea what happened before, theres obviously no way I
> could have run a full test with the previous patch, yet I'm sure I
> did. The only thing i can think of is that I ran it in the wrong
> directory due to stupidity and didn't notice. :-(
>
> Anyway, sorry for the breakage folks, your regular service should
> resume with this patch.
>
> Oh, I updated the win32 Makefile to automatically regen regcharclass.h
> when Porting\regcharclass.pl has changed, and established a dependency
> from regcomp.obj and regexec.obj to regcharclass.h and regnodes.h
> (which is itself dependent on regcomp.sym), this ensures that the
> right things are rebuilt if any of the regex engine config data has
> been updated. As usual I've punted on modifying the other makefiles.
> (Not sure if its relevent to anybody that isnt directly hacking on the
> regex engine anyway.) Actually, im not much of a makefile hacker so
> its possible they arent quite right. They seem to work fine here tho.

Sigh. Third time lucky as they say.

Yves