Re: Analysis of problems with mixed encoding case insensitive matches in regex engine.

From:
demerphq
Date:
April 27, 2007 02:32
Re: Analysis of problems with mixed encoding case insensitive matches in regex engine.
Message ID:
9b18b3110704270232i60ea506bme1059a043e8a57e8@mail.gmail.com
On 4/26/07, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/26/07, Jerry D. Hedden <jdhedden@cpan.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > But now t/uni/folds.t fails for me.
> >
> > Me, too.
>
> Dont worry. Ive got it under control. Patch will be ready when its
> baked. Currently its still in the mixing bowl. :-)

Attached is a new patch that should fix things. It includes a pretty
much completely rewritten and much more flexible regcharclass.pl,
which in turn means a new regcharclass.h.

The updated patch passes all tests on my machine. This time I
doublechecked, then had some coffee and checked again.  :-)

I really have no idea what happened before, theres obviously no way I
could have run a full test with the previous patch, yet I'm sure I
did. The only thing i can think of is that I ran it in the wrong
directory due to stupidity and didn't notice. :-(

Anyway, sorry for the breakage folks, your regular service should
resume with this patch.

Oh, I updated the win32 Makefile to automatically regen regcharclass.h
when Porting\regcharclass.pl has changed, and established a dependency
from regcomp.obj and regexec.obj to regcharclass.h and regnodes.h
(which is itself dependent on regcomp.sym), this ensures that the
right things are rebuilt if any of the regex engine config data has
been updated. As usual I've punted on modifying the other makefiles.
(Not sure if its relevent to anybody that isnt directly hacking on the
regex engine anyway.) Actually, im not much of a makefile hacker so
its possible they arent quite right. They seem to work fine here tho.

cheers,
Yves