Re: Perl 5.10 release date?

From:
Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
Date:
April 25, 2007 15:32
Re: Perl 5.10 release date?
Message ID:
51dd1af80704251532m128d30bds2511193d9a1308ca@mail.gmail.com
On 4/25/07, Rafael Garcia-Suarez <rgarciasuarez@gmail.com> wrote:
> Fellow P5Pers are welcome to fill this space with the items I missed.
> (Yes, I know there are pending patches (looking at Yves:))

I still have to finish the rest of my changes to the regexp engine
callbacks, this invoves:

* Cleaning up and getting the current cleanup patch accepted
* Finishing a patch to that makes %+, %- and $1, $2 .. fully magic.

What I want to do with the latter is to split the numbered_buff_get
and named_buff_get callbacks in the regexp_engine struct three
substructs. The first two implementing magic hash callbacks via a
MGVTBL (I think!) for %+ and %- (just like %ENV and %SIG) and the
third implementing STORE/FETCH and LENGTH for $`, $', $&, $1, $2.

It's probably best if I do a skeleton patch that's binary compatable
with what I want in 5.10 but doesn't implement the full
functionality:)