Re: [Andreas J. Koenig] C3 MRO breaks Params::Util and Graph

From:
Alexandr Ciornii
Date:
April 25, 2007 09:00
Re: [Andreas J. Koenig] C3 MRO breaks Params::Util and Graph
Message ID:
2f1541220704250900q41c7f6f3o1ef081ec8426d0b2@mail.gmail.com
Hello!

If you upgrade Scalar::Util from CPAN and do not have a compiler, it
will install pure perl version without warnings (see
http://search.cpan.org/src/GBARR/Scalar-List-Utils-1.19/Makefile.PL).
And perl tests have check for XS version, some of them are skipped if
XS part is not available (weak.t included and it is only test that
checks weaken).

I propose to modify tests that they will REQUIRE full implementation.
And modify CPAN version to require compiler, because too many CPAN
modules require this functionality.

Another way is to split Scalar::Util into two modules: pure perl
Scalar::Util and XS Scalar::Util::Weaken.

2007/4/24, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com>:
> On 4/24/07, Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes,
> > > <checks other laptop> Mandrake Linux 9.2 did as well.

Same with ubuntu 6.06 - have helped recenly in Request Tracker list.
It already had Scalar::Util 1.19.

--
Alexandr Ciornii, http://chorny.net